Private Beachfront Access
As a resort guest you will have privileged access, via our resort tram or a short stroll, to our private beach and Monarch Bay Club, nestled along one of the most exclusive and beautiful beaches in Southern California.
Your picture perfect beach day can include an exhilarating body board or kayak rental, a private surfing lesson with one of our St. Regis Surf Butlers or simply lounging under your personal beach umbrella with a divine selection of food and beverages just steps away. Umbrella, towel, and chair service is complimentary and available to all resort guests.
Access to the beach- The easiest way for resort guests to access our exclusive beach and Monarch Bay Club is by St. Regis Resort Tram, which departs from the front drive every 15 minutes, daily, beginning at sunrise and continuing to transport guest down to the beach until 7:30pm. For guests dining at Monarch Bay Club or enjoying the Pacific Ocean sunset the final tram departs from the Monarch Bay Club at 9:30pm.
Beach Equipment Rentals and Surf Butler Service:
Lesson and equipment availability based on favorable weather and surf conditions. For reservations please contact our Concierge Desk at 949-234-3270.
Wave Riding Instruction
Enjoy introductory private or semi-private instructions for surfing, body-boarding, and body-surfing.
- Private lessons $110 per hour, Two guest lessons $190 per hour, Three guest lessons $255 per hour
- Lessons are available daily from 9:00am – 12:00pm
Ocean Swimming Instruction
Improve your ocean swimming skills with a one on one instructor who will teach you how to maneuver through waves.
- Private lessons are $35 per hour and are available daily from 9:00am – 12:00pm
Leave the beach behind and become an ocean explorer during a guided Kayak adventure with one of our experienced lifeguards.
- Private lessons are $70 per guest per hour and are available daily from 9:00am – 12:00pm
Ocean Equipment Rentals
Daily equipment rentals are available from 10:00am - 4:30pm
The following are available:
- Kayaks - single kayak $35 up to three hours; double kayak $45 up to three hours
- Stand Up Paddleboard - $45 up to three hours
- Surfboard - $35 up to three hours
- Body-board - $15 per day
- Wetsuit - $25 per day