Monarch Beach Golf Links
The Monarch Beach Golf Links, with an 18-hole championship golf course and mild year-round weather, is the perfect Orange County golf vacation destination. Designer Robert Trent Jones, Jr. modeled this Dana Point golf course after the Scottish links style course, strategically crafting the Monarch Beach course along the Pacific Ocean. The 6,600 yard course, which opened in 1983, features rolling greens and tight fairways, which provide a challenge for golfers of any skill level.
Award-Winning Golf in Southern California
In 2010, Golf Magazine named it one of the premier golf resorts in the area. Our orange county golf course was ranked No. 17 on the Top 20 U.S. Golf Courses, Readers’ Choice by Celebrated Living in 2009, and No. 3 on Orange County’s 18 Can’t Miss Golf Holes in 2008 by Orange Coast Magazine. The resort also features one of the Top 100 Golf Shops, according to Golf World Magazine.
- Open to the public year-round
- Club 19 restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and Sunday brunch with spectacular golf course and ocean views
- Snack bar and beverage cart service
- Golf shop offers top lines of golf merchandise
- Locker room for men and women
- Warm up tee boxes and practice putting green
- Large selection of rental clubs
- Golf lessons and golf pro
- 24-hour reservations service
- Groups ranging in size from 12 to 144 can be accommodated for tournaments and special events
Tight fairways and small undulating greens make the course an enjoyable challenge for all levels of play. PGA Pro, Tom Watson, who competed in the 2001 Hyundai Team Matches with top tour leaders from the PGA, LPGA and Senior PGA circuits, compared the greens to those at Augusta National.
50 Monarch Beach Resort Drive North, Dana Point, California 92629.
For more information or to schedule tee times, please call (949) 234-3900.